'The Kitchn' recently put together a tutorial for making scented cinnamon ornaments. Whether it is a batch of mulled cider or some freshly baked Christmas cookies, cinnamon is certainly synonymous with the holiday season. These scented ornaments provide a simple and festive way to ensure that the sweet smell lingers all season long.
The scented cinnamon ornaments are made from either salt dough or cornstarch dough. The dough is easy to prepare and only requires three ingredients: ground cinnamon, applesauce and white school glue. Once baked, the dough can be cut into any shape and decorated to match your own holiday decor. The ornaments can then be hung throughout the home or attached to gifts to fill any space with the sweet smell of cinnamon.
These DIY Ornaments Mimic the Smell of Freshly Baked Gingersnaps
1. DIY Scented Ornaments - The trend of making scented ornaments at home provides an opportunity for businesses to create DIY kits that will cater to people's preferences.
2. Holiday Scent Marketing - The trend of using scents to evoke a holiday atmosphere offers businesses the opportunity to explore the use of scents as part of their marketing strategy.
3. Cinnamon Scented Products - The trending use of cinnamon as a scent for the holiday season creates opportunities for businesses to create and market cinnamon-scented products, particularly during the holidays.
1. Craft Supplies - The DIY trend offers an opportunity for Craft Supplies businesses to create and market DIY kits that cater to people's preferences, such as scented ornaments making bundles.
2. Fragrance Industry - The rising trend of using scents evoking a holiday atmosphere opens up opportunities for the fragrance industry to explore creating and marketing holiday-inspired scents.
3. Retail - The holiday season creates opportunities for businesses in the retail industry to create and market cinnamon-scented products such as candles, air diffusers, and essential oils, that provide festive vibes.