Famous for both winning the fourth season of Project Runway as well as his catty catchphrases and anecdotes (which include labeling people/outfits as “tranny,” “a hot mess” and “fierce”), Christian Siriano has taken the next step as a designer eager to expand his regime; he has designed an affordable shoe collection--very much en vogue--for Payless Shoes.
Christian Siriano’s fierce designs feature a distinct platform sillhouette with a heel reminiscent of a sabretooth tiger’s chompers.
Implications - No longer trying to blend in with their styles, consumers are looking for ways to stand out. Products that feature a bold aesthetic appeal to shoppers who want to differentiate themselves.
Christian Siriano's "Fierce" Footwear Collection is Just That
1. Bold Aesthetic - Bold aesthetic designs are appealing to shoppers who want to differentiate themselves from others.
2. Affordable Shoe Collection - There is an increase in demand for affordable shoe collections especially designed by famous fashion designers.
3. Distinct Platform Silhouette - A distinctly different platform silhouette not only offers a unique style opportunity but also enhances the aesthetic appeal of footwear.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has a disruptive innovation opportunity to create bold, affordable, and unique designs for consumers looking to differentiate themselves.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry can take advantage of the trend towards bold aesthetics by introducing unique cutting-edge designs that appeal to consumers' individuality.
3. Retail - The retail industry can explore new opportunities by producing affordable designer collections that cater to the new and increasingly diverse markets.