You might not feel too guilty about gobbling up one -- or several -- of these Chocolate Terrariums, for your recommended leafy greens are an obvious ingredient. Plus, the desserts don't really look like your usual sweets. There are plenty of reasons to whip up a batch of these and to keep a few testers for yourself.
The Gook has posted instructions for how to make these unique and yummy snacks that actually combine a recipe for flourless chocolate cake with fennel flowers and edible micro-herbs. You bake your soil-like dessert and use a circular cookie cutter to get just the right bite-sized shape. Poke tiny holes in the middle and insert your lush vegetation. To complete your Chocolate Terrariums, simply wrap them in short sheets of clear acetate so that they appear to be in cylindrical jars.
Chocolate Terrariums Allow the Eating of Greens and Treats at Once
1. Chocolate Terrariums - Incorporating edible micro-herbs and unique presentation methods into desserts.
2. Flourless Chocolate Cake - Creating alternative recipes that cater to specific dietary preferences or restrictions.
3. Edible Micro-herbs - Exploring the use of micro-herbs as a flavor and visual enhancement in culinary creations.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity to innovate in the dessert industry by incorporating unconventional ingredients and presentation techniques.
2. Hospitality - Creating unique dining experiences by offering desserts that feature unexpected combination of flavors and visual elements.
3. Farm-to-table - Utilizing edible micro-herbs in farm-to-table restaurants to enhance the freshness and sustainability of dishes.