Cheez-It fans rejoice because you can now get your hands on a savory Cheez-It Cake.
This year, Cheez-It is celebrating its 100th anniversary and the cracker brand decided to do something a little different to mark the occasion. The brand enlisted the help of celebrity chef and Sugargoat bakery founder Stephanie Izard to create a bright orange Cheez-It Cake that gives fans an entirely new way to enjoy the classic snack. To make the cake, Izard whipped up a batter made from ground-up Cheez-It flour, layered with a Cheez-It shortbread crumble. The cake also boasts caramel swirls that deliver a touch of sweetness, along with bright red strawberry-flavored icing, and crunchy, chocolate-coated Cheez-It crackers on top.
If your looking to sample this unique creation, a limited amount of Cheez-It Cakes will be available to purchase on Goldbelly's website from May 17 through to May 20.
Image Credit: Cheez-It
The Cheez-It Cake Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of Cheez-It Crackers
1. Savory Sweets - The trend of combining sweet and savory flavors in desserts creates opportunities for innovative baked goods.
2. Ingredient Transformation - The trend of using unconventional ingredients or processing methods in food production creates opportunities for unique product offerings.
3. Celebration Foods - The trend of creating specialty foods to celebrate milestones and events creates opportunities for limited release or exclusive products.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can explore the trend of savory sweets to create new flavor combinations and attract adventurous customers.
2. Snack Foods - Snack food companies can consider using innovative ingredient transformations to create limited edition products that generate buzz.
3. Food Gifting - The trend of celebration foods presents an opportunity for food gifting companies to create exclusive products that appeal to gift-giving consumers.