The Dolmette is the world's first chainsaw powered motorcycle, it is motorized by 24 DOLMAR chainsaw engines and applies a 5-speed Harley-Davidson transmission to bring 5.2 kW of power (7.1 PS) at 10,000 rpm. It can reach the speed of 125 kW when all 24 engines are united. Watch the video to see it in action.
Implications - Conservation of energy has become important in today's eco-conscious society. Many are looking for an alternative power source that will do just as good of a job as fuel and remain environmentally friendly at the same time. Wind and solar-powered items have become a choice for certain families, but there are huge limits for both. If companies discover a way to harness energy in an green efficient manner, it'll benefit both consumers and mother nature.
1. Chainsaw-motorized Vehicles - There is a growing trend of inventing motor vehicles powered by chainsaws presenting an opportunity for companies to invest in the development of such vehicles.
2. Energy-efficient Transportation - As eco-consciousness increases, there is a trend to look for alternative power sources for motor vehicles, creating opportunities for companies to invest in creating energy-efficient transportation.
3. Alternative Power Sources - The emergence of the Dolmette highlights the trend of seeking alternative power sources that can be both powerful and environmentally friendly, presenting an opportunity for the development of more innovative and efficient sources of energy.
1. Automotive - The emergence of the Dolmette highlights the potential of the automotive industry to develop chainsaw-powered motorcycles presenting an opportunity for companies to invest in designing and manufacturing such vehicles.
2. Alternative Energy - The increasing demand for alternative power sources creates opportunities for the alternative energy industry to invest in developing efficient power sources for motor vehicles.
3. Sustainable Transport - The trend towards eco-consciousness and reducing carbon emissions presents opportunities for companies to invest in the development of sustainable transport solutions that reduce reliance on fossil fuels.