Something as dangerous and subjectively unsightly as coiled cables on telephone poles has been rendered into a sweet and child-safe piece of furniture. The designer of the CFE Stool, Mariana Aguila, took the look of loosely looped black wires to sculpt abstract seating with a white powder-coated finish.
The vaguely oval shape was reinterpreted as rounded rectangular rings of hollow steel tubing. Rather than carrying out the difficult task of making the material coil continuously, these separate hoops were fused together, flush on the top and uneven at the base.
The resultant structure enables a the sitter to oscillate on the CFE Stool, using it as a sort of backless rocking chair. Its artistic form and playful function make it especially well appreciated by the youngsters who use it.
The Lovely CFE Stool Takes Inspiration from Urban Electrical Poles
1. Coiled Cable Seating - The CFE Stool demonstrates the trend of repurposing industrial elements into functional furniture pieces.
2. Abstract Seating - The CFE Stool showcases the trend of creating unique and artistic seating designs that appeal to both children and adults.
3. Playful Functionality - The CFE Stool exemplifies the trend of incorporating interactive and playful features into furniture design.
1. Furniture Design - The CFE Stool presents an opportunity for furniture designers to explore innovative ways of repurposing industrial elements in their creations.
2. Interior Design - The CFE Stool offers interior designers a chance to incorporate unique and eye-catching seating options into their projects.
3. Children's Furniture - The CFE Stool caters to the growing demand for furniture that combines aesthetics with interactive features for children.