July is the month dedicated to HPV and cervical cancer awareness, and these controversial advertisements sure get the message out. 'Julyna,' a supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society partnered with ad agency 'Cossette' to create these racy ads.
The campaign features photographs of female midsections and thighs, with cutouts around the pubic area in different shapes. The posters are propped up against natural greenery to create the illusion of pubic hair.
Julyna's campaign asks "What's your style?" and urges women to show their support for cervical cancer awareness by trying out a new pubic hair style like a heart or an arrow. Julyna has used this theme and even some of the same pubic hair shapes before in its campaigns, but this is the most arresting and clever execution by far.
These 'Julyna' Ads for Cervical Cancer Awareness Use Racy Landscaping
1. Controversial Health Advertising - There is an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and attention-grabbing advertising campaigns that push boundaries and generate conversation around important health issues.
2. Empowering Self-expression in Health Campaigns - Businesses can explore the idea of promoting self-expression and individuality in health campaigns, encouraging individuals to actively participate and create a meaningful impact.
3. Creative Use of Natural Elements in Advertising - Incorporating natural elements like greenery into advertising can create a visually striking and memorable campaign that grabs attention and promotes brand recognition.
1. Healthcare - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the healthcare industry by developing unconventional advertising methods that challenge societal norms and raise awareness about important health issues.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can explore disruptive innovation by pushing boundaries and creating controversial campaigns that generate widespread attention and engagement.
3. Outdoor Advertising - Outdoor advertising companies can capitalize on the creative use of natural elements like greenery to create visually impactful campaigns that make a lasting impression on viewers.