Earlier this year, Jessie Rauch installed her Celebrity Catastrophe wallpaper at the RISD MFA graduate show. Her black and white tiled inkjet prints showcased her selection of 8 celebrities who were involved in well publicized scandals.
Who can forget Paris Hilton and her sex video? Or Mel Gibson’s drinking debacle? Also featured are Lindsay Lohan, Michael Richards, Tom Cruise, Anna Nicole Smith, Britney Spears and Ted Haggard. Rauch certainly created “a collective narrative of greed, addiction, exhibitionism and racism.”
‘Celebrity Catastrophe' Wallpaper
1. Scandal-themed Wallcoverings - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a line of scandal-themed wallpaper featuring controversial public figures, creating a unique and edgy interior design trend.
2. Celebrity Scandal Awareness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create educational platforms or products that raise awareness about the impact of celebrity scandals on society and the media.
3. Inkjet Printing for Decorative Wallpapers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of inkjet printing technology to create customizable wallpapers that reflect personal interests such as scandals and controversies.
1. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce scandal-themed wallcoverings as a new category of interior design products, catering to customers seeking unique and provocative ways to express their interests.
2. Education and Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop educational programs or media content that analyzes and discusses the societal impact of celebrity scandals, offering a fresh perspective on celebrity culture.
3. Printing and Decorative Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate inkjet printing technologies and materials specifically for creating customized wallpapers, expanding the options for personalized home décor.