The popularity of cats dominate a lot of the Internet and now, 'Cat People' is a magazine that is helping to fuel the love of cats all over the world.
The first issue of the feline-centric publication was created by graphic designer Jessica Lowe and photographer Gavin Green. The magazine features content from "cat-obsessed artists, designers, photographers and writers," as well as interviews with cat-crazed lovers. The first issue launched in September 2013 and with so many people who are pet owners or just like to adore cats from afar, it's not surprising that all of the printed copies sold out.
The magazine appears in two languages, Japanese and English and with each magazine sale, a $1 donation is made to 'Animal Refuge Kansai.'
The Cat People Magazine Features Content Feline Lovers Will Purr Over
1. Cat-centric Publications - A trend towards publications centered around cats and their dedicated following is paving the way for new, targeted media opportunities.
2. Pet-focused Content - The rise in popularity of cat-themed media is indicative of a trend towards all pet-focused content, representing an exciting opportunity for pet-related industries.
3. Social Media Pet Culture - The success of cat-focused publications and content illustrates the continued growth and influence of pet culture on social media, providing opportunities for new and innovative ways to capture and monetize this audience.
1. Publishing - Publishers can capitalize on the increasing demand for pet-focused content by creating targeted publications for niche audiences.
2. E-commerce - The rise in popularity of pet culture and cat-themed content presents exciting opportunities in e-commerce for specialized pet products and services.
3. Non-profits - Supporting animal shelters and organizations through partnerships with cat-centric publications and other media offers opportunities for non-profits to reach new audiences and increase donations.