adidas Originals and Hender Scheme partner up for the Spring/Summer 2019 season and release "a pair of fairly niche" casual leather sneakers. The targets of the make-over are two iconic silhouettes — the 'Sobakov' and 'Lacombe.'
The collab preserves the identifying features of adidas footwear, including the sporty aesthetic, the minimalist nods and the three-striped branding. However, the Hender Scheme-influenced iterations do elevate the appearance of the shoes to a more luxury-focused one.
The casual leather sneakers still rely on chic and sporty vibes, however, they do spotlight certain elements that render the pairs incredibly interesting. This includes, for example, the take on the adidas Originals three-striped branding which is realized through tanned ribbons of leather on one silhouette, and through a continuous wave on the other.
adidas Originals and Hender Scheme Partner for a Slick Collab
1. Luxury-focused Sneaker Make-over - The collaboration between adidas Originals and Hender Scheme showcases a trend of elevating casual sneakers to a more luxury-focused appearance.
2. Chic and Sporty Vibes - The casual leather sneakers highlight a trend of combining chic and sporty elements for a unique and interesting look.
3. Innovative Branding Interpretations - The use of tanned ribbons of leather and continuous waves to represent the adidas Originals three-striped branding demonstrates a trend of innovative branding interpretations in the footwear industry.
1. Footwear - The collaboration between adidas Originals and Hender Scheme presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry through luxury-focused make-overs and unique branding interpretations.
2. Fashion - The trend of combining chic and sporty elements in casual leather sneakers opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by creating unique and interesting designs.
3. Design - The innovative branding interpretations in the collab between adidas Originals and Hender Scheme suggest potential disruptive innovation opportunities in the design industry, specifically in reimagining traditional branding methods.