Elroy Air has completed a test flight for its large cargo drone. The cargo drone underwent testing on August 14th at Camp Roberts, which is located in Califonia. The drone weighed in at 1,215 and was able to hover for 10ft for a time period of 64 seconds. The test flight was the first one successfully completed by Elroy Air. The company plans to roll out its drone cargo service in the year 2020.
Most of the current cargo drones being developed are normal-sized drones, so this sets Elroy Air apart as one of the only drone companies that will provide large cargo drones. The company intends to use the drone for medical supply deliveries. Additionally, the company could partner with package delivery companies.
Image Credit: Elroy Air
Elroy Air Has Completed a Test Flight of Its Large Cargo Drone
1. Large Cargo Drones - Elroy Air's completion of a test flight for its large cargo drone offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the cargo drone industry.
2. Delivery-by-drone Services - Elroy Air completing their first successful test flight opens up potential disruptive innovation opportunities for the future of delivery-by-drone services.
3. Medical Supply Delivery - Elroy Air's plan to use their large cargo drone for medical supply delivery presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the healthcare industry.
1. Cargo Drone - Elroy Air's large cargo drone sets it apart in the cargo drone industry.
2. Delivery/logistics - Elroy Air's drone cargo service will offer new opportunities for the delivery and logistics industry.
3. Healthcare - Elroy Air's plan to use their large cargo drone for medical supply deliveries presents new opportunities for the healthcare industry.