The Candy Wrappers Etc. art series is a giant nostalgic trip for lovers of all things sweet. Except that most people would probably prefer that the candy wrappers were still intact because that would mean big fat pieces of candy itself. From Double Bubble to Tootsie Rolls and Lifesavers, the Candy Wrappers Etc. series embraces a bunch of retro candies in a way that turns them into the works of art many have already known they were in their hearts.
A sequel to his currency series, Candy Wrappers Etc. was created by Paul Rousso, an artist based in North Carolina. He writes, "I endeavor to illuminate the imagined, effervescent edges of our all but invisible lives through the flat, two-dimensional subject matter that is all around us."
Candy Wrappers Etc. by Paul Rousso is a Sweet Treat Series
1. Giant Paper Art - Opportunity for creating large-scale, environmentally friendly art using recycled materials.
2. Nostalgia Art - Opportunity to tap into the emotional connection and sentimentality of consumers through art and branding.
3. Upcycled Art - Opportunity to create meaningful art out of discarded materials, appealing to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Art - Artists can use unconventional materials and methods to create unique and visually stunning pieces, appealing to collectors and galleries.
2. Marketing - Brands can tap into consumers' nostalgia and emotional connections by incorporating vintage packaging and design into their marketing campaigns.
3. Sustainability - Companies can utilize upcycling and sustainable practices to create products and reduce their environmental impact, appealing to eco-conscious consumers.