If, while warring with another country you become concerned for the safety and welfare of your fleet of aircraft, lest they be destroyed by passing enemy fighter jets, the good folks at Lockheed Burbank Aircraft Plant have the camouflaged concord solution; acres of camouflage netting, cleverly disguised to look like a rural neighborhood when viewed from the air.
The clever camouflaged concord netting, topped with real, live trees, is approximately the same height as a regular street lamp.
How to Hide an Airplane, Courtesy of Lockheed Burbank
1. Camouflaging Technologies - Developing new technologies for hiding military aircrafts to mitigate attacks by enemies.
2. Urban Camouflage - Creating camouflage netting that can blend in with different types of environments in urban areas.
3. Sustainable Camouflage - Designing environmentally-friendly materials to create camo netting that can be reused without causing harm to the environment.
1. Military and Aerospace - There is an opportunity for defense contractors to develop and market innovative products for the military needs of different countries.
2. Urban Planning - Urban planners can explore the use of camo netting for disguising structures and buildings in urban areas in creative ways.
3. Environmental Technologies - There is a need for innovative materials and technologies that can effectively camouflage structures without causing harm to the environment.