Cafe Therapy is a restaurant, cafe, shop and social enterprise in the Czech Republic’s bustling capital, Prague. Their mission is to help people overcome drug addictions through art therapy, and facilitate rehabilitation through employment.
The establishment offers the opportunity for those in treatment and rehab at the SANANIM aftercare centre to create scented candles and ceramics, which are sold in the Cafe Therapy store. The ceramic dishes are also used to serve food and beverages in the restaurant.
Café Therapy also serves as a place where people can recharge and reclaim peace of mind, while enjoying Internet access, newspapers, coffee and food in a soothing and social setting. It is also designed to be a safe setting for recovering youth to socialize and meet with their family members and loved ones. The facilities also include a private conference room ideal for parties, events and seminars.
Café Therapy website
Café Therapy on Facebook
'Cafe Therapy' in Prague Helps People Overcome Drug Addictions
1. Art Therapy - Art therapy programs that help individuals overcome addiction are an emerging trend in the rehabilitation industry.
2. Social Enterprises - More businesses are exploring the concept of social enterprises, combining profitability with a positive social impact, as seen in the success of Cafe Therapy.
3. Rehabilitation Through Employment - The concept of providing employment opportunities to individuals in treatment and rehab facilities is an innovative approach to supporting their recovery and reintegration into society.
1. Restaurants - The restaurant industry can seek opportunities to support social causes and incorporate art therapy programs into their establishments.
2. Ceramics and Home Decor - The ceramics and home decor industry can explore partnerships with rehabilitation centers and support art therapy initiatives by featuring and selling products created by individuals in recovery.
3. Social Services - The social services industry can take inspiration from Cafe Therapy's model and find ways to combine entrepreneurship and rehabilitation support to create sustainable social enterprises.