Maison Kitsuné launched a collection of designer-forward cafe merchandise. The lineup consists of unisex clothing that boasts the establishment's name in delicate cursive, as well as some accessories and tableware.
The French brand is the epitome of successful hybridization and convergence. Established in 2002 by Gildas Loaëc and Masaya Kuroki, the firm started out as a music label that later dabbled in the fashion industry. Just over 10 years later, the duo opened two coffee locations in Paris and Tokyo. This year, Kitsuné is tying back to its fashion roots with the line of minimalist unisex cafe merchandise. This not only ties the two sub-businesses together, it also plays into the recent preference of individuals to wear clothing that is branded by their favorite coffee spot.
Café Kitsuné Boasts a Fashionable Streetwear Capsule & Accessories
1. Fashionable Cafe Merchandise - The trend taps into the preference of individuals wearing clothing that is branded with their favorite coffee spot suggesting that coffee shops can tap into this trend to create a new revenue stream
2. Hybridization of Fashion and Food Industries - The trend presents an opportunity for fashion brands to collaborate with cafes and restaurants to create new merchandise lines that can increase brand awareness and tap into the lucrative food and beverage industry
3. Minimalist Unisex Clothing Lines - The trend highlights the demand for minimalist designs and unisex clothing, offering an opportunity for fashion brands to create gender-neutral clothing lines that cater to this growing market segment
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can leverage the trend to create collaborative designs with cafe and restaurant brands and tap into the lucrative food and beverage industry
2. Food and Beverage Industry - Cafes and restaurants can diversify their revenue streams by launching merchandise lines that cater to their loyal customers who want to showcase their brand loyalty
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can benefit from the trend by creating dedicated spaces to feature the merchandise of cafe and restaurant brands, offering consumers a unique shopping experience