If you are someone who constantly forgets to turn off the lights when you leave a room, then you will love the Bye-5. Bye-5 is a quirky little light switch designed to look like a hand.
How does a hand-shaped light switch help you remember to turn off the lights? By encouraging you to give it five! Bye-5 is illuminated by an LED light reminding you that the lights are still on. When you give Bye-5 a high-five, the light turns off and the light from the hand guides you out of the room.
In addition to lowering your electric bill, Bye-5 could have a small psychological benefit. Who doesn't love giving a high-five, especially at the end of a long work day? No one; the answer is no one. Except for those without hands.
Bye-5 Lets You Turn off the Lights by Greeting it With Your Hand
1. Interactive Light Switches - Bye-5 offers a new way of interacting with lights, presenting an opportunity for further exploring the combination of human gestures and technology in controlling lighting systems.
2. Smart Home Interfaces - Bye-5 presents a unique and playful way of controlling lights, which could inspire further developments in creating smart home interfaces that are fun and intuitive to use.
3. Psychology-driven Design - By prompting users to give a high-five, Bye-5 shows the potential of using positive psychology in product design to make everyday tasks more enjoyable and satisfying.
1. Home Automation - Bye-5 introduces a creative, playful way to interact with lights, which could spark more ideas for innovating home automation systems.
2. Interior Design - Bye-5 offers a unique and aesthetic solution to turn off lights, which indicates an opportunity for interior designers to incorporate creative and playful pieces into their projects.
3. Novelty Goods - Bye-5 introduces a fun and quirky concept of turning off lights by high-fiving a hand-shaped switch, suggesting a potential for creating more novelty goods that bridge the gap between function and playfulness.