Bumble's 2020 ad spot tapped Helena Bonham Carter to deliver a humorous and highly relatable message about dating. The ad opens with Bonham Carter lounging on a chair, warning the viewer that with the holidays approaching, they should prepare themselves for the dreaded love life-related questions.
The ad functioned as a year-end wrap up, walking the viewer through some of the common scenes from dating throughout a pandemic. Park walks, socially distant dinner dates, masks, elbow bumps, video calls, and a lack of conversation are all some of the images flashed across the screen. At the end of the ad, Bonham Carter reminds the viewer that this year has been hard, but anything can happen now that the world is spinning on a new axis.
Image Credit: Bumble / The Brooklyn Brothers
Bumble's 2020 Ad Spot Stars Helena Bonham Carter
1. Pandemic-inspired Advertising - Brands can leverage relatable pandemic experiences in their advertisements to engage viewers and connect with their shared struggles.
2. Humorous Marketing Campaigns - Brands can use humor to appeal to customers and help ease the stress and anxiety caused by the pandemic.
3. Virtual Dating Services - The pandemic has forced dating services to pivot to virtual platforms, providing opportunities for innovative companies to enhance the user experience.
1. Advertising - Advertising agencies can help brands create pandemic-themed campaigns that resonate with consumers and differentiate them from competitors.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can create content that reflects the pandemic experience and offers humorous relief to audiences.
3. Online Dating - Online dating platforms can innovate and improve the virtual dating experience for users by incorporating new technologies and features.