Budweiser will soon be on a line of non-alcoholic barbecue sauces. The sauces will hit the US store shelves in July. Anheuser-Busch Cos. hopes the sauces will strengthen the link between Budweiser and a favorite American cooking style. Vita Food Products Inc. will actually make and distribute the barbecue sauces, but the the key ingredient is Budweiser-minus the alcohol.
Implications - Well-known brands have the ability to venture into various markets to expand their shares. Companies such as Budweiser expanding into the condiment category showcases how strong the brand is. A brand cannot venture into other areas without having the profits to justify the potential loss on a new product.
1. Brand Expansion - Well-known brands expanding into different markets to expand market share
2. Non-alcoholic Products - Introduction of new non-alcoholic products by established alcoholic beverage companies
3. Condiment Innovation - Introduction of new types/flavors of condiments by established brands
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Established alcoholic beverage companies expanding into non-alcoholic products
2. Food and Beverage - Introduction of new condiments to expand market share in established food and beverage industry
3. Manufacturing and Distribution - Manufacturing and distributing new condiments created in partnership with established brands