Confused.com, the insurance comparison website, chose the 50th anniversary of the introduction of bubble wrap (January 27th) to promote their safety message. They wanted to warn drivers, especially with the dangerous winter road conditions this year in the UK, that Somerville Road in Worchester has the highest accident claims in the entire UK, with about ten claims a year for the past ten years.
In response, they erected a sign that reads ‘Accident Avenue’ and covered everything on the street--from cars to dog houses to swing sets--in bubble wrap. It took eight people and 1,200 square meters of the wrap to accomplish the stunt.
The Highest Accident Road in the UK Has Packaging-Inspired Protection
1. Bubble Wrap Safety - The use of bubble wrap to promote safety messages and accident prevention.
2. Road Accident Awareness - Raising awareness about road safety and accident-prone areas through creative marketing campaigns.
3. Winter Road Conditions - Highlighting the hazards of winter road conditions and the need for caution while driving.
1. Insurance - Opportunities for insurance companies to collaborate with organizations promoting road safety and accident prevention.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Potential for innovative marketing campaigns using unconventional materials like bubble wrap to raise awareness about road safety.
3. Safety Equipment Manufacturing - Creating new safety products and solutions inspired by bubble wrap and other protective materials for roads and vehicles.