Leading up to Earth Day, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva spoke to international communities urging the need to bolster initiatives in Biofuel Technology, stating that “Biofuels are an effective weapon in the fight against global warming.” Brazil’s 30-year-old ethanol fuel program is based on efficient sugarcane cultivation.
Society is becoming more environmentally conscious and the demand for cleaner, renewable energy is growing. Brazil is ready to share the Biofuel technology that they have developed for the past 30 years.
The Brazilian automotive industry’s ‘flexible fuel’ vehicles are capable of running on any mixture ethanol or gasoline. Brazil is considered to have the world’s first sustainable biofuel economy.
Sugarcane Ethanol is $1.03 less than the retail price for energy equivalent of gasoline, has 8x greater energy output than fossil fuel energy input required for production, and 56% less greenhouse gas emissions compared to gasoline.
Brazil is Ready to Share Their Sweet Biofuel Technology
1. Biofuel Technology - As demand for cleaner, renewable energy grows, there are disruptive innovation opportunities in developing more efficient and sustainable biofuel production technology.
2. Flexible Fuel Vehicles - With the development of flexible fuel vehicles, there are opportunities to improve engine technology and reduce emissions even further.
3. Sustainable Biofuel Economy - Creating a sustainable biofuel economy could be a major disruptive innovation opportunity in the future of renewable energy production.
1. Automotive - The development of flexible fuel vehicles could bring disruptive innovation opportunities for the automotive industry in terms of engine technology and cleaner emissions.
2. Energy - The move towards cleaner, renewable energy sources such as sugarcane ethanol could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the energy industry to shift towards more sustainable practices.
3. Agriculture - Improving and innovating sugarcane cultivation methods and technology could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the agriculture industry in the production of renewable energy sources.