Breathing Underwater... Forever
More Stats +/-
Celebratory LGBTQ-Staffed Flights
Tennis-Inspired Crossover Events
Stylish Convertible Bag Collection
Top 45 Kitchen Ideas in October
Rugged Military Grade Smartwatches
Free 2018 Report & eBook
Get the top 100 trends happening right NOW -- plus a FREE copy of our award-winning book.
Our Research Methodology
This article is one of 350,000 experiments. We use crowd filtering, big data and AI to identify insights.
You can't quite breath underwater forever, but, longer than you normally could. The Poseidon Mk IV Discovery is what those in the diving world call a rebreather - it recycles a user's oxygen. Using p02 scrubbing and oxygen cells, it turns unused oxygen in your exhales into breathable air. Supposedly, the average person only uses about 25% of the available oxygen in the air. The exhale contains the other 75% of oxygen along with carbon dioxide and nitrogen. It's smaller, weighs less, and even costs less than traditional diving tank systems.