October is known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month and many brands are engaging in various breast cancer initiatives that contribute to research and treatment, as well as call attention to the health condition and open up the conversation. Kendra Scott — a contemporary jewelry designer and a long-time supporter of activations such as these, has launched a breast cancer initiative in partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). For the entire month of October, Kendra Scott is donating proceeds from select pieces to support the operation of the organization.
As part of the breast cancer initiative, 20% of the proceeds of the Gold Ever Necklace, the Gold Lemmi Earrings, the Gold Everyn Bracelet, and the Gold Deena Earrings will go toward BCRF. In addition, 50% of sales on the Butterfly and the Butterfly Wing Charm will be donated to BCRF, while 50% of the proceeds of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Charm Necklace will go in support of the Inheritance of Hope. The latter three products will contribute year-round.
Kendra Scott Engages in a Breast Cancer Initiative for October
1. Breast Cancer Awareness Initiatives - The trend of brands engaging in breast cancer initiatives to contribute to research and treatment, and raise awareness.
2. Charitable Jewelry Collections - The trend of jewelry brands creating special collections to support charitable causes and organizations.
3. Cause Marketing Partnerships - The trend of brands partnering with non-profit organizations to promote social causes and raise funds.
1. Jewelry - The jewelry industry can explore creating special collections for charitable causes, such as supporting breast cancer research and treatment.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Non-profit organizations can collaborate with jewelry brands to create cause-related marketing initiatives.
3. Healthcare - Healthcare industry can leverage cause marketing partnerships with brands to raise funds for research and treatment of health conditions like breast cancer.