Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are launching their own line of traditional African Housewares. The Brangelina housewear line is expected to launch in Paris this September. Expect luxury pricing and custom goods handmade in Namibia where the couple currently resides. The proceeds of the collection will support the local Namibian community.
Implications - When celebrities start their own fashion line, there's no doubt that consumers will flock to purchase the first release. Society's obsession with luxury and Hollywood has always been used as a marketing tool. Those who actually make their own independent businesses will profit off their own names as well as the consumer's fascination with famous figures.
1. African-inspired Housewares - The Brangelina line is a launchpad for traditional African housewares trends in luxury home decor.
2. Celebrity-backed Luxury Brands - Celebrities starting their own luxury brands provides opportunity for other entrepreneurs to capitalize on the trend by creating luxury items backed by famous names.
3. Ethically-sourced Materials - With the Brangelina line sourcing materials from Namibia and supporting the local community, other industries can look into ethically-sourced materials for their own products and support community development.
1. Home Decor - The traditional African housewares trend in luxury home decor has implications for businesses in the home decor industry.
2. Fashion - As celebrities venture into fashion and luxury branding, there is an opportunity for entrepreneurs to create their own celebrity-backed fashion lines.
3. Social Enterprises - The ethically-sourced materials trend presents opportunities for businesses to be socially responsible by investing in community development and fair wages for workers.