The conceptual 'BR555' hair dryer has been designed by Jaekyu Jung as a minimalist accessory that will accelerate grooming protocol and stay out of sight when not in use. Featuring a folding design, the appliance is inspired by the Braun 550 series hairdryer from 1976 and is outfitted with a Sirocco fan that is decidedly more quiet than other options on the market. The folding design speaks to the need for compact, travel-friendly products as consumers seek to pare down the number of items they keep with them.
The conceptual 'BR555' hair dryer was explained further by Jung to Yanko Design: "I disassembled a couple of hairdryers to see how that works also how the internal structure looks like and designed for and then tried to make a 1:1 prototype model to check the scale. The 90° is cordless and is powered by Li-ion battery, the body is made of ABS plastic and has a high polished finish. Its foldable design reduces baggage space making it ideal for both traveling and everyday use.”
The Conceptual 'BR555' Hair Dryer Can be Easily Stowed or Packed
1. Minimalist Haircare Tools - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating simple, compact, and easily storable haircare tools.
2. Silent Home Appliances - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing quieter and less disruptive home appliances.
3. Travel-friendly Personal Care Products - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in designing compact and convenient personal care products for travelers.
1. Haircare Industry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in reimagining and improving haircare accessories and tools.
2. Home Appliance Industry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating innovative and quieter home appliances.
3. Travel Industry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing travel-friendly personal care products for consumers on the go.