It is no secret that the brick-and-mortar bookstore experience has been heavily disrupted by the widespread adoption of digital technology. It has been reported that between 2010 and 2016 the "amount of children reading for pleasure [has dropped by] nearly 10%."
In light of this, design firm Big Motive seeks to keep the physical bookstore experience alive with augmented reality. By employing this technology in the reading environment, the company envisions a turn-around that has the capability of not only enhancing the point of purchase, but also creating a bookstore experience where children are able to perceive the brick-and-mortar establishment as a "magical world filled with talking books that invite children to engage with content, characters, and stories."
Image Credit: Big Motive
Big Motive is Exploring How AR Can Be Deployed in Bookstores
1. Augmented Reality in Bookstores - The use of augmented reality in bookstores can enhance the customer experience and engage children in reading.
2. Interactive Reading Environments - Creating interactive reading environments through technology can help boost children's interest in reading.
3. Blending Physical and Digital Experiences - The integration of augmented reality technology in physical bookstores combines the benefits of both worlds to create a unique and immersive experience.
1. Retail - The retail industry can leverage augmented reality to create innovative and engaging experiences in physical stores.
2. Publishing - The publishing industry can explore augmented reality to revolutionize the reading experience and attract a new generation of readers.
3. Educational Technology - The educational technology industry can develop AR solutions for bookstores that promote interactive and educational experiences for children.