Uber has a new booking feature that allows people to access the platform without the need to download an app. The booking feature was designed for older individuals who may have trouble navigating mobile apps, where users can access the platform through a phone number, 1-833-USE-UBER. Uber created the new feature due to feedback form older adults who indicated a preference for booking rides through live conversation format.
Users can book rides through SMS messaging, where they can receive information about the trip through text. Information can include ETA, license plates, as well as trip receipts.
Currently, the new booking format is available for users in Arizona, and it is part of an accessibility push from the ride-hailing company.
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Uber's New Booking Feature Allows Users to Call Rides Without the App
1. Phone-based Ride Booking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a ride booking platform that allows users to call rides without the need for a dedicated app.
2. SMS Ride Booking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a service that enables users to book rides and receive trip details via SMS messaging.
3. Accessibility in Ride-hailing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improve accessibility in the ride-hailing industry by designing features specifically for older individuals with limited mobile app navigational skills.
1. Ride-hailing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new features and formats for booking rides to cater to different user preferences and needs.
2. Telecommunications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore collaborations with ride-hailing companies to provide SMS-based booking and communication services for users.
3. Senior Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create technological solutions that address the needs of older individuals who may face challenges with mobile app usage.