Timberland taps the talents of 'Ari' Esco Montanez, a designer based in Los Angeles to work in two new iterations of the classic boat shoe. He takes the classic leather upper and updates it with new rawhide lacing as a functional touch to the traditional look.
It also sits on top of a bold tonal foundation due to the oversized construction of the outsole and red rubber material it is made out of. The same outsole is complete in black arriving in a boot iteration and detailed with bright yellow accents as a contrasting touch. It is made using Better Leather which is sustainably sourced. It blends comfort with an eco-conscious experience for a bold design.
Image Credit: Timberland
Timberland Updates the Classic Boat Shoe in Two Unique Designs
1. Eco-conscious Footwear - Sustainability in footwear design with sustainably sourced Better Leather used by Timberland for the Sleek Leather Boat Shoes.
2. Functional Fashion - The Sleek Leather Boat Shoes by Timberland are designed with rawhide lacing for a functional touch.
3. Tonal Bold Outsoles - The Sleek Leather Boat Shoes by Timberland feature oversized construction of the outsole in bold tonal red material for a unique design.
1. Footwear Industry - The Sleek Leather Boat Shoes by Timberland offers innovation opportunities to the footwear industry to integrate more sustainable materials and functional design elements.
2. Sustainable Fashion Industry - Sustainability in fashion design can be pursued through the use of sustainably sourced materials, such as the Better Leather used in the Sleek Leather Boat Shoes by Timberland.
3. Outdoor Apparel Industry - The Sleek Leather Boat Shoes by Timberland offer disruptive innovation opportunities for the outdoor apparel industry to integrate bold and unique design elements, such as oversized tonal outsoles and rawhide lacing.