These blurry portraits by the French photographer Romain Houdry come in a series titled 'D-Raw Incident.'
The photography series takes the concept of portrait photography and turns it on its head. It features a variety of photographs of different people -- both men and women. Once edited, the blurry portraits appear as though they were made on a digital format, with a peculiar "glitch" effect that gives the photos an eerie quality. The unusual form of art "mixes reality and sci-fi" in a way that is not often done by photographers.
By changing a relatively banal form of photography that is often used specifically for professional photos or advertising campaigns, Romain Houdry manages to make portraiture interesting again.
This Photographer Adds a "Glitch" Effect to Make His Portraits Unique
1. Glitch Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of glitch effects in various forms of photography to create unique and visually striking images.
2. Blurred Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with blurring techniques to challenge traditional notions of reality and create abstract and thought-provoking works of art.
3. Mixing Genres - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine elements from different artistic genres, such as reality and science fiction, to create unconventional and captivating visual narratives.
1. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace innovative editing techniques and digital manipulation tools to redefine the boundaries of traditional photography and create distinctive visual styles.
2. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Push the boundaries of traditional art forms by incorporating unconventional techniques, such as blurriness and glitch effects, to create visually striking and conceptually engaging artworks.
3. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize unconventional and eye-catching photography techniques, like blurry portraits with glitch effects, to grab audience attention and create memorable advertising campaigns.