CBS is promoting its new lineup using bluetooth billboards that beam trailers to your mobilte phone. Sweet.
"New York's Grand Central Station will host Bluetooth-enabled billboards that beam show clips and trailers to people's mobiles and PDAs. The five prime-time shows to be promoted this way are â€œSharkâ€, â€œSmithâ€, â€œJerichoâ€, â€œThe Classâ€, and â€œCSI: Crime Scene Investigationâ€ - Pocket Lint
Implications - Since the development of smartphones, the use of the Web as a promotional tool has become more important than before. Mobiles with high-tech capabilities have allowed users to surf the Web while on the go, which benefits businesses who are using websites to market themselves. The popularity of QR codes has companies even more focused on thinking of unique marketing strategies that circle around cell phones.
1. Bluetooth-enabled Billboards - Opportunity for businesses to engage with customers through personalized mobile ads.
2. Mobile Marketing - Using mobiles as a promotional tool to reach an audience on the go.
3. QR Codes - QR codes can offer new ways of engagement for businesses in mobile marketing strategy.
1. Advertising - Create innovative advertising campaigns that leverage mobile technology to connect with consumers.
2. Entertainment - Offer personalized trailers and sneak peeks for upcoming shows and movies to mobile users as a method of promotion.
3. Technology - Develop new mobile technologies that enable seamless delivery of promotional content to potential users.