Natural skincare has been on the rise and it has just gotten a huge boost thanks to the Blissoma line. Boasting vegetarian products (most of which are certified vegan), Blissoma takes the term 'natural' to a whole new extreme level.
Founded by Herbal chemist Julie Longyear, Blissoma has been an underground cult beauty brand since 2005. Nevertheless, like all good things, flying under the radar had to come to an eventual end. With Blissoma's original recipes and positive response, that comes as no surprise. Longyear reveals, "This is uncommon, as co-packing and private labeling is very, very common in the cosmetics and skincare industries. Many times companies will [choose] a 'base' recipe from a contract manufacturer and simply add a few choice extracts to differentiate their line."
The Blissoma Line Takes Natural Skincare to a Whole New Level
1. Natural Skincare - The rise of natural skincare presents opportunities for developing innovative vegetarian skincare products.
2. Certified Vegan - The demand for certified vegan products in the skincare industry creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in vegetarian skincare.
3. Private Labeling - The prevalence of private labeling in the cosmetics and skincare industries opens up opportunities for brands like Blissoma to differentiate themselves with original recipes.
1. Cosmetics - The cosmetics industry can explore and adopt natural and vegetarian skincare formulations to cater to the growing demand.
2. Skincare - Innovative vegetarian skincare products can disrupt the traditional skincare industry and capture market share.
3. Contract Manufacturing - Contract manufacturers can adapt to the trend by offering vegetarian and certified vegan skincare formulations for private labeling.