I love this concept of painting models with black makeup and then shooting them against a black back drop. Brilliantly creative, and it works wonders as the resulting images are just stunning examples of fashion photography - particularly the white costume, which I doubt could have been photographed in a better situation.
The all-black faces, which cover even the lips, look really attractive too.
Implications - Magazines have to come up with unique ways of drawing attention to their hard copies in today's digital age. By creating an editorial that could easily be controversial, the magazine draws press and media attention to themselves. It is then when consumers rush to purchase or read the magazine to see what the fuss it about.
Shooting All Black Editorials Makes Clothes and Eyes Pop
1. Dark Beauty Trend - Opportunity for beauty brands to create innovative products to enhance dark and edgy looks.
2. Alternative Fashion Photography Trend - Opportunity for photography studios to offer alternative, edgy photography styles.
3. Controversial Editorial Trend - Opportunity for publications to create controversial content that attracts press and media attention.
1. Beauty Industry - Dark beauty trend has the potential to disrupt the beauty industry with new products and styles.
2. Photography Industry - Alternative fashion photography trend has potential to disrupt traditional fashion photography industry.
3. Media Industry - Controversial editorial trend can disrupt traditional media industry and attract more readers or viewers.