Interior design firm Bitter Britta created the theme for this children’s hospital to be reminiscent of Swedish Archipelago, which is a group of islands. This group of islands in Sweden became the aquatic theme for the hospital to bring hope, joy and natural elements into the lives of the young patients.
The entire inside of the Children Hospital in Gothenburg, Sweden is decorated with rustic, park-like benches, brightly colored animal-mimicking seating and vibrant images of outdoor scenes and island views.
Additionally, each room is named after a significant location within the group of islands such as The Harbour, The Rock, Under Water and The Bridge. Bitter Britta was able to create a positive atmosphere without disrupting the natural elements of the health care facility. The heavy use of bright colors brings a lovely warmth into the facility.
This Playful Swedish Hospital was Designed by Bitter Britta
1. Aquatic-themed Design - Designing spaces with aquatic themes can help create a positive and joyful atmosphere for young patients in healthcare facilities.
2. Nature-inspired Interiors - Incorporating natural elements and outdoor scenes into healthcare interiors can bring a sense of calm and comfort to patients.
3. Named Room Concepts - Naming rooms after significant locations can add a personalized touch and contribute to the overall thematic experience in healthcare facilities.
1. Healthcare Design - The healthcare design industry can explore the use of aquatic themes and nature-inspired interiors to create more welcoming and healing environments.
2. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can incorporate elements of aquatic-themed design and nature-inspired interiors to enhance the guest experience in hotels and resorts.
3. Children's Entertainment - The children's entertainment industry can draw inspiration from aquatic-themed children's hospitals to create immersive and engaging play spaces for young audiences.