The Bisolax Laxative-Fecal Softener campaign relies on some hilariously shocking imagery to gain people's attention. It puts pieces of poo in places of honor. Treating them like the trophies they are not, the ad campaign reads, “For treatment of the constipation, because shit is not worth collecting.” Interestingly, this tag line hints at the difficulties of hoarding in general.
Conceived and executed by Kingkong Bangkok, an ad agency based in Bangkok, Thailand, the Bisolax Laxative-Fecal Softener campaign was art directed by Eaknarong Vijittissadee, Athipon Vijittissadee and Lalita Boratisa. From wall-mounted trophies to glass-encased ones, the images were shot by Jeans and Paapniyom. Although the ad campaign might be disturbing to take in, it does send a strong and important message. For people's bowels' sake, hopefully they listen/
The Bisolax Laxative-Fecal Softener Campaign Shows 'Shit is Not Worth Collecting"
1. Shocking Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring unconventional and attention-grabbing ad campaigns that challenge norms and conventions.
2. Anti-hoarding Movement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating messaging that addresses the psychological and emotional aspects of hoarding and encourages decluttering.
3. Humor in Healthcare Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing humor as a tool to engage and educate audiences in sensitive healthcare-related topics.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating unconventional and attention-grabbing strategies into advertising campaigns to stand out in the competitive market.
2. Home Organization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative products and services that address the psychological barriers of hoarding and provide effective solutions for decluttering.
3. Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Adopting humorous and relatable approaches in healthcare marketing to increase awareness and encourage people to seek treatment for sensitive conditions.