To replace non-sustainable ingredients like silicone, petrolatum, and mineral oil, Lubrizol partners with Advonex to develop an eco-friendly bio-based beauty ingredient for Lubrizol's products.
Advonex Industrial Corporation is based in Brockville, Ontario, and was founded in 2012. The company is a privately held chemicals maker and specializes in developing sustainable cosmetic ingredients. Its natural ingredient technology runs oils like soybean, canola, coconut, palm, corn, and algae through a patented oil stabilization process. The end result is various wax emollients suitable for use in beauty product formulations.
This deal is an important step for Advonex and Lubrizol alike. While Advonex expects to increase the exposure to its alternative ingredients in the cosmetic marketplace, Lubrizol aims to meet consumer demands for sustainable products.
Image Credit: Cosmetics Deisgn
Lubrizol Teams with Advonex to Develop a Bio-Based Beauty Ingredient
1. Bio-based Beauty Ingredients - The rise of consumer demands for sustainable and eco-friendly beauty products creates opportunities for innovative bio-based ingredient development.
2. Patented Oil Stabilization Process - The use of patented oil stabilization process technology creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for eco-friendly and sustainable cosmetic ingredient manufacturers.
3. Alternative Cosmetic Ingredients - The push towards sustainable and eco-friendly beauty products creates opportunities for alternative cosmetic ingredient manufacturers to increase their exposure in the market.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - The beauty and personal care industry can benefit by incorporating innovative bio-based cosmetic ingredients into their products.
2. Chemical Manufacturing - The chemical manufacturing industry can leverage patented oil stabilization process technology to create sustainable cosmetic ingredients and meet consumer demand for eco-friendly products.
3. Sustainable Products - The rise of sustainable and eco-friendly products creates opportunities for industries to innovate and incorporate alternative ingredients, methods, and practices.