The winner of the first ever Philips HealthSuite Hackathon was named MediDash, a big data app that helps to close the gap between professional and personal healthcare.
Over 100 people participated in the event, with the intention of developing a prototype for a new Philips HealthSuite Digital Platform. The digital platform is set to be a cloud-based infrastructure that's capable of collecting all sorts of data and making analyses based on its findings. Using this information as a base, one team imagined MediDash to be a platform that would ease the decision making process. For instance, when looking at an X-ray of a chest, a radiologist would be able to pull up other relevant data, revealing respiratory issues or other conditions that may provide insights on a current issue.
MediDash's creators will be recognized at a SXSW Interactive event at the Philips Motivate Lounge, where the big data app will also be demoed.
Big Data App MediDash Wins the Philips' HealthSuite Digital Hackathon
1. Big Data Analytics - Opportunity for developing apps that can collect and analyze vast amounts of data to improve decision-making processes in healthcare.
2. Healthcare Technology Integration - Opportunity to create platforms that integrate various digital tools and data sources to bridge the gap between professional and personal healthcare.
3. Cloud-based Infrastructure - Opportunity to leverage cloud-based infrastructures for efficient data collection, storage, and analysis in the healthcare industry.
1. Healthcare Technology - Disruptive innovation possibilities include developing digital platforms and apps that improve healthcare data integration and decision-making.
2. Big Data Analytics - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in the development of analytics tools specifically designed for the healthcare industry.
3. Cloud Computing - Cloud computing can disrupt the healthcare industry by providing scalable and secure infrastructure for storing and analyzing large amounts of healthcare data.