The 'Beyond the Sea' Flare Magazine editorial stars model Bekah Jenkins. Featured in the publication's May 2012 issue, this striking shoot is captured by photographer Chris Nicholls.
Bekah poses shore-side and in the water, sporting a series of fish scale resembling fashions. Styled by Flare editor Elizabeth Cabral, the model is dressed in a bevy of designer selects from labels that include Brose, Calvin Klein Collection, Marc Jacobs and The Blonds among others.
Blinged out and bedazzled, Bekah sports iridescent and lustrous textiles, scale-mimicking sequins and eye-catching accessories. Channeling a fashionable mermaid, the model's look is completed with slicked-back hair and natural makeup by Simone Otis. The 'Beyond the Sea' Flare Magazine editorial washes up with style. Captured on a beautiful beach setting, this oceanside fashion story is one to remember.
The Beyond The Sea Flare Magazine Editorial is Couture-Clad
1. Fish Scale Fashions - The use of fish scale-inspired fabrics and textures in fashion design creates opportunities for sustainable and eco-friendly fashion innovation.
2. Underwater-inspired Accessories - Designers can explore innovative opportunities for incorporating shimmering, iridescent, and scale-like accents in jewelry and accessory design.
3. Mermaid-inspired Makeup - The trend of mermaid-inspired makeup offers room for cosmetics companies and beauty brands to experiment with bold and colorful makeup looks for consumers who enjoy a daring aesthetic.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on fish scale-inspired textures to create unique clothing and accessories with eco-friendly manufacturing processes.
2. Jewelry - Jewelry designers can explore innovative materials and techniques for creating iridescent and shimmering accessories that emulate the look of fish scales.
3. Beauty - The trend of mermaid-inspired makeup offers room for cosmetics companies and beauty brands to experiment with bold and colorful makeup looks, creating a new market for edgy and daring cosmetics consumers.