Beyonce, or perhaps her Sasha Fierce alter ego, stars on the cover and inside the April 2009 issue of Vogue US in a statuesque photo shoot by Mario Testino.
Dubbed “Fierce Creature,” the editorial shows the diva striking fierce poses and looking like a formidably exquisite statue of a goddess.
Check out more fierce Beyonce features below.
Implications - Marilyn Monroe may be the first woman to exemplify an actress or artist's ability to become more than a performer, but a full-blown icon. Thus, today's celebrities are appearing in every facet of the media in an attempt to achieve the same iconic status. Celebrities like Beyonce are branching away from their intended careers and into other sections of the entertainment industry to establish a holistic presence in pop culture.
Beyonce is a ‘Fierce Creature' by Mario Testino in Vogue
1. Celebrity Iconification - Opportunity for celebrities to expand their presence beyond their intended careers and become holistic icons in various sections of the entertainment industry.
2. Multidimensional Media Presence - Celebrities are venturing into different facets of the media to establish a comprehensive presence in pop culture.
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - Opportunity for celebrities to collaborate with other industries, such as fashion, music, and film, to expand their influence and reach.
1. Entertainment - Collaboration between celebrities and the entertainment industry to create multidimensional media experiences.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for celebrities to venture into the fashion industry and establish themselves as style icons.
3. Music - Celebrities exploring music industry partnerships and crossovers to diversify their careers and expand their influence.