The Betty White SNL movement was started by a group on Facebook, whose goal was to have the seasoned comedian host the live sketch show.
Betty White has recently gained a lot of popularity, especially after her Snickers Super Bowl commercial. Betty White herself has stated that she would do the show if it could get worked into her busy schedule; however, there hasn’t been a word from SNL on that possibility.
Could Facebook actually land Betty White this hosting gig? Let’s hope so, because Betty White is one tough old bird that never fails at making me laugh.
The Betty White SNL Movement Gains Momentum
1. Facebook Campaigns - The Betty White SNL movement exemplifies the potential of Facebook groups to drive momentum on topics or issues.
2. Influencer Marketing - Betty White has shown how one engaging campaign (her Snickers Super Bowl commercial) can lead to sustained internet fame and increased brand deals for the individual.
3. Celebrity Endorsement - Betty White's enduring career and recent resurgence in popularity demonstrates the value of nostalgic and seasoned entertainers as brand ambassadors.
1. Entertainment - Online movements like the Betty White SNL campaign highlight the increasing power of online fandoms to influence the decision-making of major television networks.
2. Advertising/media - Betty White's successful Snickers Super Bowl commercial demonstrates the potential of humorous and engaging content to go viral and drive brand engagement.
3. Senior Living - Betty White's resurgence as a viral sensation and beloved celebrity proves the potential value of aging icons as spokespersons for senior-focused products and services.