Going out and grabbing a cup of joe (or, for me, tea) has become such a prevalent part of society that it's no surprise the BetaCup Design Competition has arisen. By bringing to attention the amount of waste accumulated through such a daily routine, it hopes to eradicate most of it in favor of a more sustainable option.
With the deadline slowly approaching in June of 2010, the BetaCup Design Competition winner will walk away with $10,000 while the top five winners, as voted by the community, will be awarded $2,000 each. Of course, in the end, it truly isn't about the money.
The BetaCup Design Competition Seeks Sustainable Concepts
1. Sustainable Cup Designs - Opportunity to create innovative and eco-friendly designs for coffee cups that reduce waste and promote sustainability.
2. Waste Reduction Solutions - Opportunity to develop new strategies and technologies to reduce waste accumulated through daily coffee consumption.
3. Community Engagement for Sustainability - Opportunity to engage the community in finding and supporting sustainable alternatives to traditional coffee cups.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Opportunity for businesses to develop and market sustainable coffee cup solutions in the food and beverage industry.
2. Packaging Industry - Opportunity for companies in the packaging industry to create innovative and sustainable packaging solutions for coffee cups.
3. Environmental Services Industry - Opportunity for environmental services companies to provide waste management and recycling solutions for coffee cup waste.