The DisposeRx drug disposal program is being launched at Benzer Pharmacy locations to help offer consumers a way to get rid of their medications once they have expired from the comfort of their own home. The DisposeRx packets will be offered to patients by pharmacists to help them dispose of their prescriptions if they have any left over or when they expire. This could help to further reduce the instance of accidents that can occur if an expired prescription is consumed by letting consumers proactively dispose of medicine in a timely manner.
Benzer Pharmacy President Tonya Shackelford spoke on the launch of the DisposeRx drug disposal program saying, "Our culture is built on a ‘people first’ philosophy, and the safety of our patients and their families is paramount. We know that medication disposal is a critical but often overlooked step needed to prevent drug diversion and accidental poisonings. DisposeRx is a simple and cost-effective product with a supporting education program that we can offer to our loyal customers.”
The DisposeRx Program is Rolling Out at Benzer Pharmacy
1. At-home Medication Disposal Programs - The implementation of at-home medication disposal programs is a disruptive innovation opportunity to improve medication safety and prevent drug diversion.
2. Pharmacist-provided Disposal Packets - The offering of pharmacist-provided disposal packets presents a disruptive innovation opportunity to simplify and incentivize medication disposal for consumers.
3. Proactive Medication Disposal - The promotion of proactive medication disposal by letting consumers dispose of medicine in a timely manner is a disruptive innovation opportunity to reduce the instance of accidents and accidental poisonings.
1. Pharmacies - Pharmacies can benefit from implementing at-home medication disposal programs as a way to enhance customer safety and satisfaction.
2. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can utilize pharmacist-provided disposal packets to improve medication management and minimize potential harm from expired medication.
3. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can explore the market potential for products related to proactive medication disposal, such as innovative and sustainable disposal methods and packaging.