It is not unusual to come across a photography series like Beautiful House and be given a whole new perspective of everyday surroundings and objects. What is unusual is how this new perspective is brought to life. In this case, the Beautiful House series questions the purpose and storage of food around the home. Instead of rested on plates or placed in fridges, all sorts of food items are strategically arranged around the house.
Shot by Sian Bonnell as part of her Everyday Dada portfolio, the Beautiful House photo series has an unassuming air to it. Quiet and candid, you wouldn't think that anything is strange at all, until you look closely, of course. From meat-covered walls to fried egg bathroom rugs, the Beautiful House series is quite quirky and playful.
Sian Bonnell's Beautiful House Series Features a Home Covered in Food
1. Food Decor - A trend that incorporates food as a part of home decorations and design to create a quirky and playful atmosphere.
2. Everyday Surrealism - A trend that challenges the perception of everyday objects through unexpected arrangements and compositions in daily life.
3. Conceptual Photography - A trend that uses photography as a medium to communicate abstract concepts and ideas through creative compositions.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate food-themed designs and products to diversify their offerings.
2. Art and Design - Through challenging normative perceptions and objects, the art and design industry can recognize these trends and develop innovative products.
3. Photography - As an art medium, photography can explore conceptual ideas and challenge societal perceptions on everyday objects.