The mainstream obsession with felt faux beards has reached critical mass, but at least Caroline Ballhorn's felt and vinyl 'Beard Bags' have an alternate purpose. They're hollow and affixed with a zipper to hold cash, cards and other small, relatively slim personal objects close by.
Thanks to Beard Revue, I've learned a fun new title for these fake beard manufacturers: Orthotic Pogonologist. Sounds official, doesn't it?
Implications - Thanks to the Internet, the importance of products that are comedic and novel has increased. Corporations and brands can benefit from this burgeoning interest by targeting their novelty products at younger consumers who have a proclivity for posting goofy pictures of themselves online to entertain their friends.
'Beard Bags' Are Weird, Wearable Wallets
1. Comedic Novelty Products - Opportunity for corporations and brands to target younger consumers with unique and humorous items.
2. Alternative Accessories - Growing market for unconventional accessories that serve multiple purposes.
3. Online Novelty Culture - Increased demand for products that cater to online humor and sharing.
1. Fashion Accessories - Opportunity for the fashion industry to create alternative, unconventional accessories like 'Beard Bags'.
2. E-commerce Platforms - Growing market for online platforms that specialize in selling comedic and novelty products.
3. Social Media Marketing - Increased demand for marketing strategies that target younger consumers who enjoy sharing humorous content online.