CDG and Medicom Toy have released two editions of the BE@RBRICK t-shirt. The capsule features long and short-sleeved silhouettes available in black and white. The BE@RBRICK outline decorates the front of the long-sleeve shirts, with CDG branding filling the shape. The short-sleeve shirts have the CDG branding on the head. The year “2021” is printed on the chest of the black short-sleeve shirts, and “2022” on the white shirts.
Medicom Toy is known for being the manufacturer of the BE@RBRICK, a streetwear symbol that many seek out as collectibles. The BE@RBRICK originally comes as a mini bear statue, but collaborations between the brand and other successful streetwear retailers have resulted in multiple pop culture-inspired figurines. The collaborative collection goes on sale at CDG stores and the official CDG website on Friday May 20, 2022.
Image Credit: Medicom Toy, CDG
BE@RBRICK and CDG Reveal the New Limited-Edition T-Shirts
1. Limited-edition Streetwear Collaborations - The success of the BE@RBRICK and CDG collaboration can pave the way for other limited-edition streetwear partnerships.
2. Collectible Streetwear Figurines - The popularity of BE@RBRICK's figurines suggests an opportunity to create and market other collectible streetwear figurines.
3. Branded Streetwear Apparel - The use of the CDG branding on the BE@RBRICK t-shirts proves that streetwear fans are interested in branded apparel.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore limited-edition streetwear collaborations and collectible figurines to engage with streetwear enthusiasts.
2. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can create collectible streetwear figurines based on popular culture to appeal to both toy collectors and streetwear fans.
3. Marketing and Branding - Brands who explore partnerships with streetwear manufacturers can create buzz around their products and increase brand visibility.