As relevant of a movement today as it was in the 50s, Berlin-based design studio New Tendency produces a stunning, ultra-minimalist Bauhaus table. The product is released under the firm's ultra-limited series — 'Truth to Materials.' The industrially influenced piece is dubbed the 'Meta Side Table' and for its aesthetic, New Tendency opted in for a clean-cut, simple silhouette that is strengthened by the inevitable harshness of the untreated stainless steel.
With a focus on expert craftsmanship, the Bauhaus table is handmade. A subtle embellishment to the Meta Side Table is a sleek engraving. New Tendency used a laser to immortalize the words 'TRUTH TO MATERIALS' on the top, along with a logo designed by Michael Egger.
The Bauhaus table is one of those pieces that can be inserted in any interior setting and one which effortlessly calls attention to itself.
New Tendency Delivers an Industrial-Style Furniture Piece
1. Ultra-minimalist Furniture - Opportunity for creating sleek and simple designs that appeal to minimalist aesthetics.
2. Handmade Craftsmanship - Potential for highlighting the value of artisanship in the manufacturing process.
3. Industrial-influenced Design - Possibility for incorporating industrial elements into contemporary furniture pieces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for producing high-quality minimalist furniture pieces.
2. Artisanal and Handcrafted Goods - Potential for creating a market niche for handcrafted furniture with expert craftsmanship.
3. Interior Design - Opportunity for incorporating industrial-inspired furniture to create visually striking interior spaces.