In April, we introduced Bamboo Clothing by Anne Cohen. It seems that Bamboo Clothing is bigger than we thought. There's actually a clothing company dedicated to nothing but Bamboo Clothing, and the gabrics offers a number of benefits. The website promotes the products as, "Ethically produced, environmentally friendly and unbelievably, luxuriously soft."
From Bamboo Clothing:
Bamboo is incredibly soft - That's just the way it is, naturally. Wearing a bamboo T-shirt for example, is like wearing cashmere, but for next to the skin.
Bamboo is smooth and luxuriously comfortable - At a microscopic level, bamboo fibre has a round and smooth surface. Because of this, it's very smooth and sits next perfectly next to the skin (you'll see what we mean). In addition, because of the natural process that turns plant to pulp and then fibre, there aren't the chemicals you find in regular chemical processes or from man-made fabrics (petrochemical based). These can sometimes irritate the skin and they also start to smell really quickly!
'Bamboo Dry' - Wicks away moisture keeping you comfortable and dry.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, mainly because it has extraordinary water absorbency which helps it to grow fast. In fabric form it retains this unique, remarkable property. It's 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton. It 'wicks' away moisture from the body which then evaporates, keeping you - naturally - drier and more comfortable. When combined with 'Bamboo Thermo-control' qualities, you have an incredible performance piece of kit.
Bamboo clothing is strong and durable. - Repeated tests show this, and also that bamboo fibre has a high abrasion-proof capacity and also tenacity. The same bamboo used for scaffolding to build every skyscraper in Hong Kong was always going to be strong!
1. Sustainable Clothing - Embrace the use of eco-friendly materials like bamboo in the clothing industry to provide consumers with soft, comfortable fabric that is also durable, moisture-wicking, and chemical-free.
2. Natural Fiber Clothing - Tap into the natural properties of bamboo to create a luxurious and durable fabric that is smooth and comfortable on the skin, moisture-wicking, and resistant to abrasion.
3. Performance Clothing - Leverage the moisture-wicking and thermo-control properties of bamboo to create high-performance clothing that keeps athletes dry, comfortable, and performing at their best in any sport or activity.
1. Fashion - Incorporate bamboo fabric into fashion lines to appeal to eco-conscious consumers who want soft, comfortable and durable clothing that is also sustainable and free of chemicals.
2. Athletic Apparel - Create athletic apparel made of bamboo fabric that is moisture-wicking and thermo-controlling, allowing athletes to perform at their best without worrying about discomfort or moisture build-up.
3. Sustainability - Promote the use of bamboo as an alternative to traditional synthetic and non-renewable materials, thereby encouraging sustainable industry practices that are good for the environment.