For Fall 2018, Dolce & Gabbana took the high road or more precisely the royal road with its ballroom fashion debut. The runway show opened with a montage, identifying scion sons and famous millennials who showcased the design power house's men's clothing on the mise-en-scène catwalk.
The ballroom fashion designs were overtly colorful, featuring large-lapel suits in pink, lilac, yellow, green. To reinforce the royalty in the ensemble, Dolce & Gabbana threw in velvet jackets with silk jacquard pants, jeweled slippers, heavily embroidered sweaters and head-to-toe patterned suits.
The collection was titled 'King's Angels' and, as if a serendipitous turn of events, the King of the North -- Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington -- happened to attend the show.
Dolce & Gabbana Takes Its Latest Collection to Royal Heights
1. Colorful Ballroom Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technologically advanced fabrics that can produce vibrant and long-lasting colors for ballroom fashion designs.
2. Velvet and Silk Combinations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create sustainable materials that mimic the luxurious feel of velvet and silk without the environmental impact.
3. Heavily Embroidered Sweaters - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate smart technology into embroidered sweaters to create interactive designs that respond to the wearer's movements.
1. Textile Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improve manufacturing processes to produce eco-friendly and vibrant fabrics for ballroom fashion.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sustainable alternatives to velvet and silk, reducing the environmental impact of luxury fashion.
3. Smart Fashion Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge fashion and technology to create interactive and personalized garments, starting with embroidered sweaters.