The Balenciaga sofa has been created by designer Harry Nuriev for Design Miami 2019 as a collaboration furniture piece that makes use of an unlikely material in its composition. Boasting a see-through design, the couch features discarded and unused Balenciaga clothing stuffed into the cushions to create an almost chaotic look at first sight. The vibrant pops of color from the various garments help to give the furniture piece an ultra-artistic aesthetic that is sure to be appreciated by fashion connoisseurs alike.
The Balenciaga sofa was created by Nuriev over the course of two months and is hoped by the designer to help inspire young designers to utilize upcycled materials when creating products.
Image Credit: Harry Nuriev
The Balenciaga Sofa by Harry Nuriev is Filled with Unused Garments
1. Upcycled Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the furniture industry by using discarded and unused materials to create unique and eco-friendly pieces.
2. Fashion-inspired Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the home decor industry by incorporating fashion elements into furniture design for a visually striking and artistic aesthetic.
3. Sustainable Design Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the design industry by collaborating with fashion brands to repurpose their unused garments and reduce textile waste.
1. Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the furniture industry by integrating fashion and sustainability into traditional home furnishing.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry by exploring new ways to repurpose and upcycle unused garments.
3. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the home decor industry by introducing fashion-inspired pieces that elevate interior design.