The 2015 Balenciaga Fall ad campaign is dark, elegant and full of subtle sapphic undertones. Starring top models Kate Moss and Lara Stone, they interact casually enough together, yet there is an underlying tension that is hard not to miss. What's harder not to miss is the fierce looks they are rocking throughout the photoshoot.
Shot by photographer Steven Klein, the 2015 Balenciaga Fall ad campaign showcases heavy layers and luxury textures. Alexander Wang says of the campaign, “For me, the fall collection began with the real women of Balenciaga — women who are multifaceted and multidimensional: strong and sensual yet also austere and mysterious.” That's exactly how Klein captured the looks as well as the women that will be drawn to them. Fall is a time for mystery.
The Balenciaga Fall Campaign Stars Kate Moss and Lara Stone
1. Dark-elegant Fashion Ads - Opportunity for brands to create visually striking and mysterious fashion campaigns.
2. Sapphic Undertones in Advertising - Potential for brands to explore more diverse and inclusive representations of relationships in their ad campaigns.
3. Luxury Textures and Layering - Market for high-end fashion brands to emphasize opulent fabrics and layering techniques in their collections.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry through the creation of visually captivating and diverse ad campaigns.
2. Photography and Visual Arts - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with capturing tension and mystery in fashion advertising.
3. Luxury Goods - Potential for luxury brands to leverage opulent textures and layering techniques in their product offerings.