Professionals today spend endless hours in front of their terminal immersed in work, so the conceptual 'Balance' workstation is designed to help change this by highlighting analog functionalities. The multifunctional workstation boasts a canvas along with six different module types including White Board, Surface, Kanban, Cork, Shelf and Time that can be magnetically affixed. This will enable workers to keep an eye on what needs to be done and more without having to feel completely attached to their laptop, computer or smartphone.
The conceptual 'Balance' workstation is the design work of Hernan Gregorio and Julia Stabio who spoke on the system saying, "The idea behind Balance product is to use digital interfaces as inspiration to create a new hybrid experience for the user. The form and modular qualities of the design evoke the digital touchscreen interfaces we use every day but with a tridimensional layer that creates a tactile and tangible experience. This new approach brings builds a bridge between the connectivity and structure of the digital environment and the visual and physical experience of products."
The Conceptual 'Balance' Workstation Reduces Screen Time
1. Analog Workstations - The rise of analog workstations that incorporate physical tools and components presents an opportunity for companies to optimize productivity and reduce the harmful effects of excessive screen time on employees.
2. Modular Workspace Components - As modular workstations that can be customized with a variety of different components become more popular, businesses can explore new opportunities to create a more flexible and adaptable workplace environment.
3. Hybrid Digital-physical Workstations - The development of hybrid workstations that integrate digital and physical components provides a chance for companies to create a unique and innovative work environment that combines the best of both worlds.
1. Office Furniture - The office furniture industry can leverage the rise of analog workstations and modular components to create new products that meet the evolving needs of today's workers.
2. Productivity Tools - As more companies focus on improving productivity and reducing screen time for employees, the productivity tools industry can develop new solutions and products that address these needs.
3. Workspace Design - With the emergence of hybrid digital-physical workstations, the workspace design industry can help companies create unique and innovative work environments that foster creativity and productivity.