Over the last year, people who rapidly made the shift to working at home may have discovered that their home office setup wasn't quite up to par—fortunately, Nooka is introducing a new remote work model that makes backyard office space readily available. The Irish startup's proximity office spaces are housed within shed-like structures so that people can expand the amount of space they have to work within or rent the available space to neighbors.
The company began ideating before the pandemic and saw an opportunity to improve work-from-home spaces. As CEO Leanne Beesley says: "Even before COVID hit, we saw that a lot of people were working from home, and most of the time, they’re just working from their kitchen table, their sofa, sometimes their bed."
Nooka Provides Shed-Like Offices for Working or Renting Out
1. Backyard Office Spaces - The trend of backyard office space is emerging as a result of the ongoing remote work culture.
2. Profiting From Home Office Spaces - There is a trend towards renting out backyard office space to neighbors and collaborating in workspaces.
3. Shed-like Office Structures - There is a demand for office structures that are versatile and easily available in the home environment.
1. Real Estate - Real estate firms can leverage the trend of backyard office space by providing affordable, pre-fabricated structures that can be sold or rented out.
2. Construction - Construction companies can cater to this trend by creating customizable, easy-to-build structures designed to meet varying office needs.
3. Collaborative Workspaces - The trend of renting out backyard office space presents an opportunity for collaborative workspace providers to expand their services beyond traditional office spaces.